This is a collection of links to the websites of various programs and libraries that are useful in game development. Any tool or library I use will be linked here for easy reference.
- CMake is tool for automating the process of configuring and building software.
- Code::Blocks is a popular integrated development environment.
- Emacs is a powerful, programmable text editor with excellent support for software development.
- The GNU Compiler Collection is a powerful and widely used suite of compilers available on most computing platforms.
- Mercurial is an easy to use yet powerful source code management system.
- MinGW is a Windows port of the Gnu Compiler Collection.
- A powerful cross-platform 3D graphics API and shader language.
- SDL, the Simple Directmedia Library, is a library for handling GUI events, user input, graphics, and sound in games.
SDL 1.2 Documentation
SDL 1.3 Documentation