So lately I’ve become more curious about what kinds of photos of the stars I can make with my equipment. Tonight, clouds moved in fairly early, so I wasn’t able to do much, but I did get this image of the Pleaides.
A few things I note are, in no particular order:
- The image was made with a Canon 50D using a Minolta 300mm lens (and a Minolta-Canon adapter).
- The camera was mounted piggy-back on my Orion StarBlast 4.5 EQ telscope.
- This was about a 10 second exposure.
- It shows off the chromatic aberration of the lens I was using.
- I’m in a heavily light polluted area, so that also affects the image quality.
- I had a blast doing this and I want to make more images!